- Couldn’t have been more impressed with how Pelini handled the Corey Raymond situation. Can anyone else see how that conversation went?
Pelini: “Well Corey, that’s a shame. Best of luck to you.”
*reaches for the phone*
Pelini: “…Terry, what’s up? Yeah hey, Raymond’s headed to LSU. Right, so how’s the Dooley situation treating you? Yeah, how’d you like to coach defensive backs here?…Okay, I’ll send you the paperwork.”
Smooth as a silk sheet
- Nebraska’s seniors had the opportunity to play in a men’s basketball program so drenched in apathy that the thought of them just not caring against Minnesota seems plausible.
- On the flip side, Connie Yori’s crew went to Indianapolis and has back-handed all challengers. Purdue best bring their A game.
- West Virginia brought Nebraska baseball fans back down to Earth after a 4-0 run, but in these losses that are defined in a single moment, the Cornhuskers’ aggression never stops. That wins series.
- Lavonte David continues to impress. A 233 pound linebacker with his instincts runs a 4.56 40-yard dash and you think GMs aren’t moving him up the board? No, he is not a safety.
- It’s unlikely that Crick stays in the first round, but the Patriots may throw him a lifeline if he impresses at NU’s Pro Day.
- Everyone in unison: How is Tommie Frazier not in the College Football Hall of Fame?
- Exhibit A against the new NCAA kickoff rules:
The defense rests.