Official Husker Locker Blog
2012 Jan 22
NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS: Knee-Jerk Reactions (1/22)
- List of positives that can be taken away from the worst home loss in Nebraska basketball’s recorded history:
- After what will be six years including a current 93-73 record, the best postseason run being to the NIT’s second round and being involved in the worst loss the program has seen in a century plus, how can Tom Osborne rationally keep Doc Sadler after this season?
- In hindsight, that Indiana floor rush looks kinda silly now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
- Crick, Dennard, David and Jones should all do well at the NFL Combine. David could bump himself up to a late second round pick with an excellent showing. Jones could cement his status as a fifth or sixth-rounder.
- When few people, if any, know a commit’s name 10 days out from Signing Day, you can safely say they’re a reach.
- Nebraska needs Devian Shelton in this class, if only for legitimacy purposes.
- John Papuchis gets a 50 percent bump? He’s a solid coach, but that seems steep.
- Side note: Chancellor Harvey Perlman’s not a fan of the huge college football coach salaries these days.
- Of all the people expected to bring Dunkin’ Donuts to Omaha and the surrounding areas, that two ex-Huskers are doing it isn’t so surprising. That Kris Brown and Zach Wiegert are doing it, that’s the weird part.
Follow Husker Locker on Twitter: @huskerlocker
Like us on Facebook: Official Husker Locker Page
Permanent Link to this Blog Post