Official Husker Locker Blog
2012 Feb 27
NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS: Knee-Jerk Reactions (2/27/2012)
- Erstad’s club played like a team on a mission this past weekend, one with something to prove.
- Highlights from Nebraska’s 15-0 win over Utah:
- Saturday’s notebook: Men’s basketball 34, Baseball 21.
- Several Nebraska basketball fans are finding themselves with a feeling far more dangerous than anger towards the program’s current state: Apathy
- Unless you play roundball for Connie Yori. Upsetting the No. 8 Ohio State on Senior Day is the kind of last home game dreamt of.
- One of the funniest comments heard following Sadler’s embarrassing loss: Cut the basketball program to save money.
1.) Spend millions on new arena and practice facility.
2.) Cut basketball program.
- The NCAA’s decision to move kickoffs to the 30, thus increasing touchback probability is idiocy. A well-managed 80-yard drive can be fun to watch, but Nebraska fans seemed to enjoy watching Ameer Abdullah zip between would-be tacklers.
- Love the inking of the game with BYU. Even though the contest is three years off, that’s a long time for things to change in the world of college football.
- Stop complaining about Idaho State. Gus Malzahn’s going to be a pain with Arkansas State and every school needs a track meet. Ask any top SEC team. They seem to be doing well.
- Tom Osborne turned 75 last Thursday and apparently works out 60-plus minutes per day. Several egos took a hit after reading that sentence.
Follow us on Twitter: @huskerlocker
Like us on Facebook: Official Husker Locker Page
Permanent Link to this Blog Post