Official Husker Locker Blog
2011 Oct 02
NEBRASKA FOOTBALL: Knee-Jerk Reactions - Wisconsin
- Before the season began, I predicted that Brion Carnes would take over as Nebraska’s quarterback by halftime of the Wisconsin game. Not only was I wrong, but if Carnes isn’t a frequent contributor next week, expect Martinez to remain under center barring injury for better or worse.
- Rex Burkhead deserved two more yards.
- If you're Tim Beck and you decide to throw down at least two scores in the second half, why not make your primary receiver Jamal Turner? Out of all Nebraska receivers, he’s the most dynamic and that’s saying something.
- You have to feel bad for Tyler Moore. A true freshman jumps once during his first game in a place like Camp Randall and now it feels like putting his face on a milk carton isn’t the worst idea.
- Sean Fisher doesn’t appear to have the speed he had pre-injury. At this point, it’s hard to think that it’ll return. That’s not good for a thin linebacker corps.
- Keeping Daimion Stafford at safety is a waste of both his time and the coaching staff’s.
- According to Erin Andrews, Bo accused the secondary of quitting on him during the first half. Whether this was a motivational tactic or legitimate claim seems up in the air.
- How ‘bout that Brett Maher kid?
- The head coach most sick over Nebraska’s loss to Wisconsin: North Carolina State’s Tom O’Brien
- Wisconsin gashed this Nebraska team. Ohio State will either be salve to begin the healing or salt for the wounds.
Follow us on Twitter: @huskerlocker
Like us on Facebook: Official Husker Locker Page
Permanent Link to this Blog Post